Oh My God, how long have I been gone?
It's good to be back on DA, seeing that I can submit a couple of pictures or so.
But now that I'm back (I'm currently in Brazil), I'll be doing 8 facts based on my first and original OC that I used for RPs, John. (Not the real me, haha)
1. I'm heavily influenced by superheroes and various types of movies, television shows, and stories. My idea for the OC came from Superman (watching Man of Steel in previews) and The Darkest Hour (Alien invasion movie) when it involved my character getting attack by extraterrestrials with the ability to dissolve any living organism that stands in their way, whilst John is given powers such as super strength, flight, and telekinesis to fight back against his adversaries. I originally had named him Anon (Anonymous), to give him more of a mysterious aura, but because of my interest in the new Superman movie at the time, I decided between John or Anon to develop my character. I went with John, seeing how some of the old DA users I used to talk with had some of their real names or other names given to the OCs.
2. John was suppose to be a character who was more caring, loving, but with a dangerous dark side if pushed the wrong way or betrayed. I felt this was way too
cliched, and I went on to try different variations of personality for the character. I either wanted him to be soft-spoken with an alien inside of the machine, a simian with a human's consciousness transferred inside, or a lab experiment gone wrong. Eventually, I went along with the third option, but felt rushed to get people to read the story. Last year, I planned on a dark but gritty approach to my OC, but was scrapped due to major writer's block.
3. John was the only OC that I stuck with despite several creations (Liam, Andrew, Holloway, Josh the Hedgehog, Caleb, etc.) as I wanted to get him more involved with other types of fandoms, which eventually backfired. This later taught me a valuable lesson in characters that if the OC that I use too much is placed in many people's stories, it really would ruin the character unless something different could take place.
4. I created a clone of my OC (Samayo) which was suppose to resemble John's new form after the war in EiliganReviewz's SRLS timeline. Samayo was John, but completely different in a way that his memory was completely erased in order to prevent killing those he cares about (result of PTSD from sacrifice and resurrection). I thought the idea worked well, but the appearance became too obvious to most of my watchers, and later scrapped it in order to think of something different.
5. I enjoyed using this character for the majority of RPs (SRLS, SRMTHFG, and Sonic Crossovers) and I was really looking forward to bringing a significant transition from the character to build on more stories that would develop him a little more into a compelling character. Unfortunately, I lost interest in the SRMTHFG fandom and today I usually don't get involved with fandoms unless the concept and story bring my attention.
6. Will we ever see him again? Maybe. The possibilities of a return can happen in the future...unless a new soul comes along and takes his place.
I can't really think of anything else beyond 8 facts, but I guess I could add in a little trivia.
7. After seeing The-Angel-Deoden's new OC Liana appear on her page, I had the idea of a Ying/Yang relationship (Dark and Light) where my OC seemingly falls in love wit someone on the dark side, bringing hope to someone with morals of evil and destruction to have a heart and follow the right path to good.
8. I really had a blast forming the bond between EiliganReviewz's OC Jak and my OC John. The bond was a uncle/nephew relationship because of my character being bonded with Antauri as a brother (Jak's father in SRLS) but sometimes it felt more like best friend and best friend or brother and brother.
That's all I'm going to do for the 8 facts, but if there comes a time where I can bring my OC back in a different manner, I'd be happy to do it for my old friends and watchers on here.
Thank you very much for reading this journal and check out my other account (TheGeminianIntrovert) as I will be writing original stories that I have developed during my time off of DA (2015 and 2016).
Stay tuned, and Love, light, and warmth to my old friends and acquaintances.